By Salvador and Katia Cardenal
un cuerpo complaciente
que soltara tus amarras,
que en tus nudos desnudara
a tu animal mas innocente...
un fuego tan ardiente
que encendiera tus cenizas,
que te hiciera sentir brisa
donde ya no habia fuente...
un corazon de refugio
donde huir de tanta gente
que te heria y te quiera
para hacer feliz un dia...
con buscar la libertad
a traves de otra persona
que librara a tus palomas
de las ansias de volar,
que luchara en tu trinchera
de traer la primavera,
A friend of mine sent me a tape of a Nicaraguan group called Guardabarranco (lovely folk guitar). My Spanish is minimal so I may be overestimating this song's erotic content, but if I'm correct, it says something about how if you were looking for a willing body to loose your bonds and stoke your fires, you have found her. There's a pun on the Spanish words for "knot" and "undress."
divineway said here that "The image of Viggo as the Devil kinda makes you not want to use the phrase 'go to hell' on just anyone...I'd tell you to go to hell as long as you returned the favor!"
GOOD REASONS TO GO TO HELL:
1) Viggo Mortensen in The Prophecy
2) Matt Damon and Ben Affleck in Dogma
3) Robert Beltran in El Diablo
4) Gabriel Byrne in End of Days
5) Rutger Hauer (I'm not sure if he ever actually played the devil, but you just know he's going to be there)
6) Lee Remick in Damn Yankees
7) Elizabeth Hurley in Bedazzled
8) Glenn Close in 101 Dalmatians (okay, she's De Vil, not the devil, but close enough
9) Anjelica Huston (didn't exactly play the devil in The Witches but she's going to be there too and I get dibs on her)
10) Louise Fletcher in Deep Space Nine (she's actually burning in the Fire Caves, not Hell, but close enough for me)
Callisto ended up in Heaven, didn't she. Drat. Is Caesar a.k.a. Karl Urban still in Hell in the Xenaverse?
Got the quote I wanted last night, my favorite line from The Prophecy -- Christopher Walken's Gabriel to Viggo Mortensen's Devil --
"Lucifer, sitting in your basement, sulking over your breakup with the boss."
I'm just back from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Ohhhgod the Lucius Malfoy/Severus Snape possibilities. Why didn't anyone warn me??!!!