1. There is only one Universal Reality. We all share in it according to our different backgrounds and understandings. I recognize in every human being a manifestation of the Divine.
2. I will not worship anything material, either as symbols of wealth and power or as manifestations of the divine, lest I forget that the spiritual transcends the physical. I will not pray for frivolous or unworthy things.
3. Because I recognize that there are many possible paths to God, I will be respectful of all religious traditions that teach love and respect for one another. I will not call down curses nor scoff at anyone regardless of his or her beliefs or traditions.
4. I will remember to take time out each week to appreciate the goodness of life.
5. I will treat my relatives and ancestors with honor and respect. I will support the elderly to the extent that I am able.
6. I will defend humans, animals and the environment from abuse and mortal threats.
7. I will not betray the promises I have made to those I love, and I will respect the lifestyle choices of others.
8. I will not commit theft of objects or ideas. I will practice generosity and fight inequity.
9. I will not lie, slander, spread gossip or engage in unjust speech.
10. I will not become obsessed with envy or greed, nor allow those feelings to come between myself and my friends and neighbors. I will rejoice in what I have and try to preserve resources for another generation.